RZ1-150 is a full wave rectifier on a large four pin L4 base, this exhibit typifies a large group of rather odd valves supplied by Mullard to the Admiralty during the 1930s. One almost wonders whether Mullard had a standing contract to supply a dozen (say) specimens of anything new and duly obliged with anything the Philips empire could dredge up! Specimens in this class usually carry the Mullard logo in red and are often marked 'ONYX' for no reason that we understand.
The wide glass tube envelope is 53 mm in diameter and, excluding the L4 base pins, is 170 mm tall.
References: Private communication & 1043. Type RZ1-150 was first introduced in 1934.
Absolute Maximum Operating Conditions¶
Updated January 21, 2013.