The B9G base was designed by Philips for some of the first European all-glass valves. This included the EF50. Mullard introduced the base to the UK in 1938.
B9G chassis mounting valveholder The central spigot was also used as a connection - normally to the screening can.
The pin-outs below refer to the data researched by Keith R Thrower OBE.