The PC86 is a purpose designed UHF oscillator triode for television reception. At UHF a coaxial design would normally be used but by connecting the electrodes to several pins the manufacturers achieve the desired result without the complications, and cost, of a disc seal valve and its mounting.
The logo is for the television company Granada. Granada were one of the initial commercial TV companies that operated from 1955 when the UK allowed commercial television for the first time. As well as making very successful programmes and transmitting them, Granada also opened a chain of TV rental outlets. Rented TV was popular in the UK especial with the advent of expensive and not overly reliable colour sets in 1967. Granada thus had a repair arm and this is one of the valves made especially for them. The package was a distinctive plain green card box.
The anode is shaped to allow a small flat section to pass close to the grid on either side, whilst the rest of the metal was kept away from the central area to act as a heat radiator.
The end view of the anode.
The thin glass tube envelope is 20 mm in diameter and, excluding the B9A base pins, is 46 mm tall.
References: Datasheet & 1040. Type PC86 was first introduced in 1962.