The English Electric C1134 is a VHF double beam tetrode transmitting valve introduced in the early 1950s.
The heater runs at 6.3 Volts when both halves are in parallel or 12.6 Volts when in series. For 6.3 volts pins 1 & 7 are connected together with pin 5 as the other end. For 12.6 Volt operation the voltage is connected to pins 1 & 7 with pin 5 left unconnected.
In addition to use as transmitter power amplifiers the upper frequency of 600 MHz made them popular for frequency multiplication.
Following the European pattern, a central flat cathode is surrounded by a split control grid (one half per valve), a common screen grid is wound next. The two beam forming plates can be seen either side of the central assembly. The anodes are finned for good heat dissipation and clearly separated from the central structures, the anodes are brought out to pin like top caps.
The under screen connections are made with copper tape. one side of the common screen grid can be seen.
The wide glass tube envelope is 44 mm in diameter and, excluding the B7A base pins is 71 mm tall.
References: Data-sheet & 1040. Type C1134 was first introduced in 1974.